Saturday, April 20, 2013

Country Women's Association Mornington Peninsula Group - Creative Arts Exhibition 2013

  Lorraine Bradley  -   Prize Winner

    Group President  - Beth Harris and family

Colourful Tea Cosies



Country Women’s Association of Victoria – Mornington Peninsula Group Exhibition – Saturday 20 April, 2013CWA’s Mornington Peninsula Group President, Beth Harris kindly asked yours truly to open their Annual Exhibition today at the Peninsula Community Theatre in Mornington.  I was very humbled and having overcome the initial nerves I stood up, gave a small talk describing what MPPI is about – the hall was so quiet while they listened you could have heard a pin drop- then I was asked to present the Prize Winners with their trophies.  It was a thrill I have never experienced before but enjoyed every moment of it.  I was so glad I was not asked to be a judge as with all the talent present in the hall it would have been a very difficult task.  Congratulations to all the contributors and winners.

   

The turnout was superb and it was lovely for me to see many familiar faces from MPPI mingling with the CWA members who were very welcoming and charming.Thank you to Beth and members for the lovely Morning Tea and Lunch and for having me as your Guest Speaker. I would like to wish CWA a very successful event which continues until Sunday afternoon at 3.00pm.

  

After leaving this lovely event I dropped in at the University of the Third Age in Mornington who were also having an Art and Craft Show.  My first stop was in the Craft room where I found more familiar faces from MPPI exhibiting yet more beautiful  inspirational works.  Well done ladies and thank you Jeannie Bridger for inviting me. My next stop was the Art Room filled with lovely paintings and other pieces of art and sculptures.  

  

What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  Thank you all for sharing your art and craft with the community.

Happily, Kathie

No comments:

Post a Comment